Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where it all began ... with paper

Little Fish Creations stemmed from a desire to undertake craft projects and decorating Jessica's (my eldest daughter) room on a tight budget. I first dabbled with painting a few items such as letters to spell out her name ... and then I discovered japanese paper.


One day I had an idea to fold some paper cranes for a bay window display in Jessica's room. These little darlings use to hang in flight in strips ... but now they have well and truly landed ... and unfortunately have been replaced with something else (but I still think they are beautiful).

My next paper idea involved cutting out by hand butterflies and framing them ... and I included the quote by Hans Christian Anderson:

"Just living is not enough" said the butterfly,
"one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."



Since then I have been asked to do a few colour variations - these can be seen at http://www.littlefishcreations.com.au/butterflies_3.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment